Sunday, October 30, 2011

A BIT ABOUT ME AND MORE ABOUT QUARTZ CRYSTALS

       This is my first attempt at writing a blog.. I can't believe all the things that are involved. Then when you have a tech savvy person such as myself with all these high tech words and gadgets. I find myself looking up definitions on google or finding the nearest phone and giving a call to one of my sons, so who ever isn't busy, can explain what it is or was that I am or still could be wondering about.. I have built a web page with the help of the company (who I won't mention) host our site..

Let me introduce myself.. My name is Becky and I am a grandmother of 5 wonderful grand children.. My sons have been in the military or are active military... My youngest son's wife is active military... AS OF RIGHT NOW, they are all stateside for once.....
My partner Randy and I run and operate a quartz crystal mine here in Arkansas... We dig and sell crystals that we dig from the mine.. check out our web page www.sweetsurrendercrystals.com We do allow diggers to come and play in the dirt so they too can have a chance to find crystals...

Let me tell you a little about crystals and a bit of the history...

Quartz crystals have a tendency to bring on different questions. At times, some of the discussions about crystals can become very lengthy and drawn out.. Crystals are dug all over the world. Although right here in Arkansas there are some of the most perfect, clean, clear and unique that you will ever find.. This area is called the quartz crystal capital of the world because of the large concentration of them here in the Ouachita Mountains... A few of the old timers will tell you how they use to go out with their mule, buckets, pick axes and digging bars. They would dig a whole until they found the crystals and would spend the day there.. If the pocket or seam dried up they would continue to dig. Some would dig holes 30 feet or more and they did this by hand. They only thing that has changed in digging crystals is we now have bull dozers and track hoes.. BUT, when it comes to digging the crystal you are right there in the hole digging them out by hand they way it has been done for years....

If you are new to quartz crystals, make sure you do a little research on the type of crystal you may be wanting.. There are a few assorted individuals who would love to take advantage of you.. Ask questions, they is they only way to learn.. Diggers and collectors love to talk about digging and the different crystals.. Plus, there has been some cut glass that looks like crystals that have come from overseas...

Then there is the metaphysical aspect. For centuries quartz crystals have been sought out for their energy, healing properties and many other uses... History dates back 100's of thousand of years.. There is data that can be tracked back as far as the Greek and Romans using them for different tools, best know for cutting. Most of the physical descriptions date back that far... Shamans, Holy Men and many metaphysical use crystals in part of their work along with many other minerals and spices...

It is funny when I am talking to elementary children and explain to them that if it wasn't for crystals we wouldn't have batteries, clocks or sometimes even their computers.. Because of the crystals piezoelectric energy, our lives have been made to be some much simpler.... 

1 comment:

  1. They use quartz for their stable frequency. ie: use in watches or seismic devices. Or at my work measuring forward and reflected power.

    ReplyDelete